Even though the rainy weather in Pune today calls for chai pakora, the lazy soul in me opted for simple and quick smoothie for an early evening meal. It’s tangy, spicy, naturally sweet and yum!
A year ago, when we lived in California US, we had a routine of making daily smoothies. It ranged from everyday green smoothies to just the fruity ones. I still try to make it often but I am not as disciplined anymore. I need to get back to that again soon.
For now, I hope you enjoy my recipe and if you do, please leave me a comment below or lets connect on my social media handles :).
Guava Mint Chilli Smoothie
- 2 Pcs Guavas Ripe
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 3 Tbsp Curd/yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Mint Fresh or dried
- 2 Pcs Green chillies slit and deseeded
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tsp Honey optional
- Chop guavas into rough pieces and blend with minimal water. (I used a hand blender to avoid crushing the seeds). Sieve it through and discard the seeds.
- Mix all ingredients with the guava pulp and blend it all again together.
- In a plate mix salt and red chilli powder. Rub lemon juice on the rim of the glasses and dip the rim in the salt and chilli mix. Pour in the smoothie. Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!!!