Basil Peas and Mushroom Rice
We finally got our first jab today and while the side effects take it’s time to kick in, putting up a quick recipe here which I made a few days ago.
This is flavourful, vegan and absolutely delicious. I really think once the home get togethers begin again (yeah I am being optimistic with this vaccine drive), this recipe could really come handy. So quick to make, this is a crowd pleasure for sure. I used my favourite vegetables like peas and mushrooms to make this. Addition of fresh herbs add a beautiful flavour and aroma to the rice. You can add any other vegetables or fresh herbs of choice and as per availability. I wanted to make this nut free but feel free to add some fried cashews for richness.
Relish it as is, or combine this with pineapple raita or jamun raita if in season. Fruit raita would impart a natural sweetness to the palette and make the dish complete.
You may also like –
Basil Peas & Mushroom Rice
- 1 Cup Long grain rice Cooked
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Red chilli flakes
- 4 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 5-6 Pcs Portobello mushrooms Sliced
- 1/8 Cup Spring onions Chopped
- 1/8 Cup Green peas Frozen
- 7-8 Pcs Basil leaves Torn
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper Freshly ground
- 1/2 Tsp White pepper
- Salt To taste
- Fluff the grains of the cooked rice with a fork once it has slightly cooled.
- In a pan, heat oil, add red chilli flakes and minced garlic and saute just until the garlic begins to change colour.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and let it caramelise from both sides. It will take approx 3 mins for each side.
- Add in the spring onions, green peas and torn basil leaves. Cook everything for 2-3 mins.
- Add salt, black pepper and white pepper. Mix in the rice.
- Finish off with a generous squeeze of lime juice.Enjoy!!!