A staple and refreshing drink in all Indian households and in ours too. It hydrates well in the long summers and there is nothing better than a delicious, sweet and tangy glass of aam panna.
If you try this recipe I would love to hear from you in the comments below or let me know on my social media handles.
- 2 Pcs Raw mangoes Large size
- 1/2 Cup Mint leaves
- 1/3 Cup Jaggery powder
- 1.5 Tsp Black salt
- 1/2 Tsp Rock salt
- 1.5 Tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel powder
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg Grated
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Peel and chop raw mangoes. Boil them in a pressure cooker with water. Let it cool.
- In a blender churn together all the ingredients except lemon juice.
- Pour it back to the pan and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 5-8 mins until it reduces to syrup like consistency. Take it off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Let it cool and store in a clean and sterilised glass bottle for up to a month in refrigerator.
- To serve - fill half glass with the aam panna syrup and half glass chilled water.Enjoy!!!