Coconut & Sesame Laddoos.
The Indian festivities means loads of food and fun for us. I try to make and store simple and quick sweets and snacks for us and our families and friends. Not too large batches though, so my family could relish varieties. This is one such recipe which we love and I am glad to share here as the Ganapati festival is approaching.
I have used minimal 5 ingredients to make this and this simple recipe is so good. I bet you cannot stop at one laddoo. Oh, and this was a hit in my family with kids too.
How to make this?
Sauté 1.5 cups scraped coconut in 2 tsps ghee until fragrant. Add 1 cup jaggery and cook until the jaggery melts and comes together as moist mixture. Add 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder. In a separate pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee and sauté white sesame seeds until fragrant. Add this to the coconut mixture when cooled. Make laddoos and enjoy! Store these in an airtight container for upto 4-5 days. Find more specifics in the recipe card below.
You may also like –
Coconut & Sesame Laddoo
- 1.5 Cups Coconut - scraped
- 2.5 Tsps Ghee
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 3 Tbsps White sesame seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom powder
- Sauté 1.5 cup scraped coconut in 2 tsps ghee until it turns fragrant.
- Add 1 cup jaggery and cook until the jaggery melts and comes together as moist mixture.
- Add 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- In a separate pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee and sauté 2 tbsp white sesame seeds until fragrant.
- Add this to the coconut mixture when cooled. Make laddoos and enjoy!