This is a staple condiment in every Indian home. It takes snacks chaats to the next level. I hope you enjoy and try these Indian dips and let me know in the comments below what is your favourite condiment or dip.
Green Chutney & Date and Tamarind Chutney
Green Chutney Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Coriander leaves
- 1/4 Cup Mint leaves
- 2 Tsp Curd/yogurt
- 2 Pcs Green chillies
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Inch Ginger
- 1 Tsp Lime juice skip if using raw mango
- 2 Tsp Jaggery powder
- Water - ice cold As required
Date and Tamarind Chutney Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Seedless dates
- 1/4 Cup Tamarind pulp
- Salt To taste
- 1 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/3 Tsp Dry ginger powder
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1.5 Cups Water
- Jaggery/sugar optional
- Blend all the ingredients together to the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Store in an airtight jar, in the refrigerator.Enjoy!!!
Date and Tamarind Chutney
- In a pan, add tamarind, dates and water. Cook it on medium flame for 10-13 mins until the dates turn soft and mush.
- Add all remaining spices and salt.
- Blend the mix using a hand blender or in a blender jar.
- Seive the mix through a strainer.
- Return the chutney to the heat. Taste and add jaggery/sugar if required. Adjust seasonings.
- Bring the whole thing to simmer again. Let it cool.
- Store in a airtight jar in the refrigerator.