A satisfying bowl to pasta is what you crave for on a lazy afternoon. It is loaded with flavours and smokiness of roasted tomatoes and garlic. I topped it with beetroot micro greens for just the right amount of crunch.
It is a great way to hide and consume greens. I have added spinach in this for the additional health quotient in this recipe.
As I write this I post, I am once again craving for it and I guess my dinner tonight is sorted.
If you are thinking what to make for dinner, try this recipe and if you like it, please let me know in the comments below. You can also connect with me on my Facebook or Instagram handles.
Roasted Tomato, Garlic and Chickpeas Spaghetti
- 2 Portions Whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- 10-15 Cloves Garlic
- 5 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper To taste
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Pc Onion. - large sized Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Seasonings to taste paprika/lemon pepper/peri peri spice.
- 1 Tbsp Fresh/dry herbs
- 3 Tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Red chilli paste
- 1/4 Cup Spinach Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chickpeas Canned or boiled
- Red chilli flakes, micro greens, sun dried tomatoes As required
- Boil spaghetti as per packet instructions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup water.
- Line a baking tray with foil. Mix together. - tomatoes, garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder. Roast them in a pre heated oven for approx 20 mins.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil, sauté onions until it turns translucent. Add the roasted tomatoes and garlic, salt and seasonings, herbs, tomato sauce, red chilli paste and the chickpeas. Mix and cook for 2 mins.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts. Add reserved pasta water as desired and if necessary.
- Mix everything well and check and adjust seasonings.
- Add the boiled spaghetti.
- Garnish and enjoy!!!