Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate.
That nip in the air vibe…that copying up with a warm hug in a mug vibe.. I cannot mention enough how much I love a mug full of spiced coffee hot chocolate loaded with marshmallows. This is my go-to beverage during all of my favourite fall and winter seasons. Not that I need a reason of cool weather to relish this even on a warm afternoon 🙈.
How to make it?
Heat milk in a pan. Tip in a star anise, and a dash of cinnamon and red chilli powder or cayenne pepper and let the spices infuse for a couple minutes. Remove the star anise. Switch off the flame and add in grated or finely chopped dark chocolate and sugar if required and whisk until it melts and blends in the hot milk. Pour in your favorite mug and load it with marshmallows. Even better if you toast the marshmallows. Yum!!!
Exact measurements are given in the recipe card below.
If you like this spiced Mexican hot chocolate recipe, do let me know in the comments below. You can also connect with me on my social media handles.
You may also like –
Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Dark chocolate couverture finely chopped or grated
- 1 Pc Star anise
- 1/8 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 Tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper or red chilli powder
- Heat milk in a pan.
- Add cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg and cayenne or chilli powder . Let the spices infuse in the milk for another minute. Remove star anise.
- Add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate melts and blends with the milk.
- Pour into your favorite mug, load it with toasted marshmallows and enjoy!!!