Beetroot & carrot salad
When the meals needs to be simple and light, then a delicious salad comes to the rescue.
Packed with super nutrients, this meal comes through in less than fifteen minutes. All you need to do this toss all the ingredients in a bowl and you are done. Pair with rose lemonade during summers and warm herbal tea during winters.
Grated fresh carrots and beetroots mixed with a delicious dressing of balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. I do love making it a bit indulgent with charred cheese but that’s optional. I have used raw beetroots with skin removed but this could me made with boiled, roasted or steamed beetroots too. Do the same with carrots if raw carrots are not preferred. Mint leaves and roasted crushed peanuts added for the freshness, crunch and more texture.
How is this made?
🔘In a bowl mix – 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper, 1 tsp honey/maple syrup, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
🔘Peel and grate 1 beetroot and 2 carrots in a bowl.
🔘On a direct flame hold a cheese cube with a tong and roast it until charred. (Check the video here)
🔘Dry roast a handful of peanuts and pulse them coarsely in a chopper or food processor.
🔘Mix the dressing in the grated salad, top it up with charred cheese and peanuts. Garnish with a few mint leaves for extra texture and flavour 😋.
Doesn’t this combination and colours on the plate make you drool already?
If you like this beetroot & carrot salad recipe, do let me know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also connect with me on my social media handles.
You may also like to try –
Beetroot & Carrot Salad With Burnt Cheese
- 1 Pc Beetroot - large sized
- 2 Pcs Carrots - medium sized
- 1/4 Cup Roasted peanuts
- 1 Cube Cheese 2x2 inches
- Mint leaves As required
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and black pepper As required
- 1 Tsp Maple syrup Or honey
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil Extra virgin
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Peel and grate beetroot and carrots.
- On a direct flame, hold a cheese cube with a tong and roast it until it gets charred (optional).
- Pulse roasted peanuts coarsely in a chopper.
- Mix the dressing in the grated veggies, top it up with charred cheese and peanuts. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.Enjoy!!!