Double chocolate overnight oats & chia breakfast.
A start to the day, so pretty and healthy makes the entire day energetic and productive. Only if words were enough to describe how delicious a breakfast could be. This is a great grab and go option for all those busy mornings. It is also perfect as weekdays meal prep in advance.
I am too happy making this one in anticipation of my next day’s delicious breakfast. Yeah, I love anything to do with chocolates! And the sound of the word double chocolate is a treat to the ears for chocolate lovers.
I usually make this by microwaving dark chocolate couverture. Whisk it until the chocolate is shiny and smooth. Then lightly sauté rolled oats in minimal butter (I like a little toasted and nutty flavour, but you can skip it). The rest of the stuff like milk, sweetener, chia seeds, cocoa powder and melted chocolate are soaked overnight along with the oats.
Next day morning all you need to do is, pour over a little more milk if the oats mix is too thick. Add toppings like fresh or freeze dried fruits and chocolate chips.
Double Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1/3 Cup Rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp Dark chocolate couverture
- 1/2 Tsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Fresh cream or coconut cream or cashew cream
- 2/3 Cup Milk Or any nut milk
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tsp Cocoa powder
- Fresh fruits & chocolate chips to garnish
- In a heat proof bowl, microwave chopped dark chocolate couverture for 15 seconds. Whisk until the chocolate is smooth and shiny and melted well. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Heat 1/2 tsp butter and sauté oats for 3-4 minutes on medium low flame.
- Soak all the ingredients overnight in a jar and refrigerate it, except the items listed for garnish.
- Assemble in the morning - add more milk if the oats appear too thick. Add garnishes/toppings of choice. Enjoy!