Hummus With Spiced Crispy Chickpeas
A Mediterranean dip that combines perfectly with falafels, pita breads, lavash, chips, fresh veggie sticks and more. But when it comes to me, I almost eat it like a snack by itself. Oh, it’s so delicious!!! I also like to smear my chapattis with it and top it up with some pickled onions and green salad and it’s a perfect to-go breakfast/meal. This tastes amazing on sourdough toasts or in sandwiches too.
I also roast zaatar spiced crispy chickpeas to add as a crunchy topping to it and it takes the dish to the whole new level. However, I do like to add a lot of toppings to my hummus and the possibilities are almost endless. It could be onions, tomatoes, olives, parsley, cilantro, spices like sumac and zaatar, basil, mint, edible flowers and more.
How to make it?
Use canned or cooked chickpeas. Blend it along with tahini, garlic, lemon juice, aquafaba and salt. Add olive oil and ice cubes in intervals to make it fluffy and creamy. Pour in in a bowl or plate and make a well to pour in extra virgin olive oil. Top it up with toppings of choice. Exact measurements and process in the recipe card below.
How to store it?
This could be stored in a refrigerator for upto a week in an airtight container. Just drizzle some more EVOO before putting it in the fridge. That keeps the hummus moist too.
You may also like –
Hummus With Spiced And Crispy Chickpeas
- 1 Cup Chickpeas Soaked overnight (measurement after soaking)
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1.5 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1/3 Cup Aquafaba (cooked chickpea water)
- 1.5 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt To taste
- 2-3 Pcs Ice cubes Or 3 tbsp ice cold water
- 1/2 Cup Chickpeas Soaked overnight
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil Or olive oil
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper To taste
- 1 Tsp Zaatar spice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon pepper
- 1 Tsp Sweet paprika
- Pressure cook chickpeas to upto 3-4 whistles or until the chickpeas are soft enough. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup water.
- Blend all hummus ingredients together to the desired creamy consistency. Add olive oil and ice cubes in intervals for a wonderful texture.
- Pour it in a shallow bowl or plate and make a well in between and add extra virgin olive oil.
- Top it up with onions, tomatoes, olives, zaatar spice, crushed black pepper, spiced roasted chickpeas.
Spiced Crsipy Chickpeas
- Pressure cook chickpeas to upto 3 whistles. Drain them and lay them on a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- Toss them in sesame oil and all the spices mentioned in the ingredients list.
- Bake them in a greased/lined baking tray in a pre heated oven at 180 C for 20 mins or until it turns crispy.Enjoy!!!