Instant Ragi Dosa | Instant Finger Millets Dosa.
This is a healthy meal option from South Indian cuisine made with finger millets. We also call it ragi or nachni. This is a staple in many parts of Southern India to make dosa and idli with ragi. I like how simple and easy it is to make and doesn’t require much planning or prepping. This is my version of instant meal when I really cannot think of a better option.
How to make it?
In a bowl, mix ragi flour and rice flour. Add in sour curd and water and soak everything for 15 mins. Mix in finely chopped green chillies, ginger and onion. Stir in the salt and cumin seeds. Add more water if needed to make the batter in thin consistency. Heat a griddle on medium flame and brush it with oil. Pour a couple ladleful of batter and let it spread on it’s own. Add a tsp of oil on top and let it cook on medium until golden brown and crisp on one side. Flip and cook from the other side. Fold and serve with coconut chutney (recipe linked below).
Points to remember –
* Use only water for vegan option. Curd is optional.
* Ensure the batter is of thin watery consistency for crisp dosas.
You may like to make along –
Instant Ragi Dosa
- 1/2 Cup Ragi flour
- 1/4 Cup Rice flour
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- 3-4 Pcs Green chillies Finely chopped
- 1 Pc Onion - large Finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1.5 Inch Ginger Crushed
- Oil as required To cook the dosas
- 2 Cups Water Or more as required
- Mix ragi flour, rice flour, curd and water. Let it rest for 15 mins.
- Mix in chopped onions, green chillies, salt, cumin seeds, ginger.
- If the mix appears thick, add more water. It should be of watery consistency.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame and brush it with oil.
- Add a couple ladlefull of batter and spread it gently.
- Add a half a tsp or a tsp of oil over it and let it get crisp from one side.
- Flip and cook from the other side. Remove from the pan.Enjoy!!