Spinach And Mushroom Pasta
My family is a bunch of foodies with every meal creating memories for us. This creamy, delicious, cheesy pasta is sure to go a long way in our family. When I made this for the first time, my husband made me make it twice in the same week. No, I am not complaining. This is so delicious, I love to make it often too!
The sauce is almost like spinach pesto but the addition of cream and cheese adds to the desired texture and creaminess of it. I usually use whichever cheese I have in my pantry. Parmesan, cheddar or Gouda and sometimes processed cheese too. Sometimes I also top it up with some roasted garlic chips. To make this I slice the garlic in thin slices and roast them in a tsp of oil until they turn crisp and brown. However, that’s an optional thing to add variation to my pasta meals.
Those who tried my recipe did mention that it is kids/toddlers approved too. Yayy!!! Minus the chillies, this is a perfect wholesome meal for toddlers and kiddos.
You may also like –
Spinach & Mushroom Pasta
- 2 Portions Semolina and Durum wheat pasta or any as per availability
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian herb mix dried
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Red chilli flakes Adjust the quantity as per taste
- 7-8 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Packet Mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 Pcs Green chillies
- 1 Cup Fresh cream
- 1/2 Cup Cheese (pepper Gouda and cheddar) Grated. Substitute with any cheese of choice
- Salt To taste
- 2 Cups Spinach without stem
- Blanch spinach in boiling salt water for 5 mins.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions until just done, rinse in cold water to arrest further cooking, drain and drizzle olive oil and keep aside.
- Blend together - blanched spinach, cream, cheese and green chillies and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté chopped garlic for about a min.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute for 5 mins until the mushrooms release water and cook itself in it.
- Add herb mix, black pepper and red chilli flakes.
- Mix in the spinach sauce and stir continuously over medium heat. Let it come to a boil. Add salt and mix.
- Mix in the cooked pasta and continue to stir while it cooks for another 2-3 mins.
- Garnish with more chilli flakes and cheese and enjoy!!!