Vegan Quinoa Spinach Tikkis
Healthy eating leads to happy minds. We love these tikkis slow roasted with minimal oil, loaded with greens and spices and devoured with homemade mint chutney and date and tamarind chutney.
This is vegan, gluten free and super delicious. You can try hiding more greens or veggies in it as per the preference. You could also replace the potatoes with sweet potatoes for an even more healthier option. Green peas during the season would taste wonderful with quinoa. Adding sesame seeds on top gives it a crunchy exterior and nutty flavour. I recommend trying that once before you decide to skip it. Since i serve this with mint chutney, I do not Add fresh mint leaves in the tikkis, but feel free to add a few chopped mint leaves if serving it with any other dip or chutney.
Relish these tikkis as a snack or burger patties. I also like to break them into pieces, add a few sauces and chaat masala and roll them in a chapati for a quick roll snack or meal. Excellent option to pack away for road trips or busy mornings packed breakfasts and lunch dabbas.
You may also like –
Quinoa Spinach Tikkis
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 1/4 tsp salt, black pepper and turmeric powder to cook quinoa.
- 2 Pcs Potatoes boiled
- 1/2 Cup Sweet corn crushed
- 1/2 Cup Spinach chopped
- 1/4 Cup Coriander leaves chopped
- 4-5 Pcs Green chillies chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Chaat masala
- Oil as required
- Black and white sesame seeds as required
- Wash quinoa thoroughly under running water for a couple minutes. Add 1.5 cups water and let it come to a boil. Add salt, pepper and turmeric and let it simmer for 15 mins or until it turns fluffy and translucent.
- In the cooked quinoa, mash and mix potatoes, boiled and crushed sweet corn, spinach, coriander leaves, green chillies, salt and all spices except sesame seeds.
- Taste the mix and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Shape them into round tikkis. Sprinkle and press lightly white and black sesame seeds on top.
- Heat oil in a griddle and roast them on medium low flame for a few minutes until done from both sides.
- Serve with mint chutney and enjoy!!!