Vegetables In Hot Garlic Sauce
Rustic weekend meal with buckwheat noodles tossed in chilli oil and veggies in hot garlic sauce. We all love a well made Indo Chinese food, Don’t we? And this is one such soul satisfying dish you cannot go wrong with. I usually would pair it with rice but sometimes I love my variations. I did flavour it with thyme and the combination of garlic and thyme is superb!
For this recipe, I have used the vegetables available in my refrigerator, but use whatever veggies or proteins that works for you. The sauce is easy and quick. You can definitely alter the spice and heat levels based on your taste buds or dietary preferences.
Oh and did I boast about the home grown thyme yet? I am a new plant mommy and totally enjoying taking care of my plants and herbs and receiving all the love back in form of they thriving in their little pots. More on them, later!
You may also like –
Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce
- 2 Cups Vegetables (cubed) baby corn, mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers.
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Sesame seeds
- 1.5 Tbsps Crushed ginger and garlic
- 2 Pcs Green chillies
- 1 Pc Onion sliced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- 2-3 Twigs Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Chilli vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Red chilli paste or Sriracha
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Corn flour mixed with 3 tablespoon water
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- Spring greens
- Red chillies in vinegar
- Sesame seeds
- In a wok, add 1 tbsp oil and sauté mushrooms until they turn brown. Take it out..
- In the same wok, add another tbsp oil and sauté baby corn until it looks charred.
- Add bell pepper and carrots and sauté until they begin to look charred. Take them all out and keep aside.
- In the same wok, add 1 tbsp oil and sauté sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and green chillies on high flame for a min.
- Add onions and and fry them until they turn translucent. Add in the veggies. Add salt, black pepper and thyme twigs.
- Even in a non stick pan, sautéing veggies leave bits stuck in the pan. That’s the flavour bomb. Deglaze the pan with tomato ketchup, soy sauce, red chilli paste, vinegar and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Add corn flour slurry and let the sauce thicken.
- Add brown sugar, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish and enjoy!!!