Dark Chocolate And Banana Loaf.
This is a soul satisfying treat for us. This moist, chocolaty, and refined sugar and refined flour free loaf pairs well with coffee or tea and makes for an easy and healthy snack option for kids.
This is made with whole wheat flour and I have used egg in this recipe but I will leave the option for the eggless one in the recipe notes. Use of brown sugar is recommended for this recipe for a rich caramel taste. However, regular castor sugar could be used too if brown sugar is not available.
And those who know my love for chocolate, also must have realised from this picture that I poured that ganache in the cup over my baked loaf for the extra chocolate overload.
If you like this recipe or have questions please write to me in the comments below or connect with me on my social media handles.
Whole Wheat Chocolate And Banana Loaf
- 1.5 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 Cup Salted butter Melted
- 1/3 Cup Dark chocolate or milk chocolate Melted
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup Banana - extra ripe Mashed
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Pc Egg Or 1/2 cup hung curd or Greek yogurt.
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate chips optional
- In a large mixing bowl combine - melted butter, melted dark chocolate, brown sugar, egg, mashed bananas and milk. Whisk well.
- In another bowl combine - whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk well.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix but ensure there are no dry flour pockets.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips (save a few to add on top).
- Pour the batter into a greased/lined loaf pan, top it up with chopped walnuts and chocolate chips and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 C for 45 mins or until the skewer comes out clean.Enjoy!!!