Instant Rava Dosa.
This is another South Indian dosa made with semolina, rice flour and whole wheat flour. Traditionally all purpose flour or maida is used for this, but I like to include healthier ingredients in my meals. And, I promise, the taste isn’t compromised.
How to make it?
In a bowl, mix rava, whole wheat flour and rice flour. Add in sour curd and water and soak everything for 20 mins. Mix in loads of finely chopped green chillies, ginger . Then stir in the salt and cumin seeds. Add more water if needed to make the batter in thin consistency. Heat a griddle on medium flame and brush it with oil. Pour a couple ladleful of batter and let it spread on it’s own. Add a tsp of oil on top and let it cook on medium until golden brown and crisp on one side. Flip and cook from the other side. Fold and serve with coconut chutney (recipe linked below).
Points to remember –
* Use only water for vegan option. Curd is optional.
* Ensure the batter is of thin watery consistency for crisp dosas.
You may like to make –
Instant Rava Dosa
- 1/2 Cup Rava/semolina flour
- 1/4 Cup Rice flour
- 2 Tbsp Whole wheat flour
- 4-5 Pcs Green chillies Crushed/finely chopped
- 2 Inches Ginger
- 2 Tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2.5 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Curd Optional
- Mix rava, whole wheat flour, rice flour, curd and water. Let it rest for 20 mins.
- Mix in green chillies, salt, cumin seeds, ginger.
- If the mix appears thick, add more water. It should be of watery consistency
- Heat a griddle on medium flame and brush it with oil.
- Add a couple ladlefull of batter and spread it gently.
- Add a half a tsp or a tsp of oil over it and let it get crisp from one side.Flip and cook from the other side. Remove from the pan.Enjoy!!!