Desserts could be healthy too… and we cannot have desserts for breakfast, said no one ever!
This is a great option to start the day on a happy note, mid-day snack or for all those post meal dessert cravings. What more? This is loved by kids too and comes together in less than 10 mins. Yay!!!
If you like this recipe, please let me know in the comments below or connect with me on my social media handles.
Matcha & Berry Parfait
- 3/4 Cup Greek yogurt or hung curd
- 1/2 Tbsp Matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry or mixed berry jam/syrup/compote
- 1 Tsp Honey/maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/3 Cup Muesli/granola
- Fruits of choice As required
- If using hung curd, tie 1.5 cups yogurt in muslin cloth and hang it for 30 mins. The water drains, leaving behind thick hung curd.
- Mix yogurt and chia, whisk well so it becomes a bit smooth and light.
- Put it in the freezer for at least 30 mins.
- Divide the yogurt into two bowls. Add matcha and honey in one and berry compote in another. Whisk the two separately again.
Assemble the parfait
- In a glass tumbler - add a layer of muesli or granola, then matcha yogurt. Layer again with muesli/granola and then with berry yogurt. Top it up with more granola/muesli and fruits of choice.Enjoy!!!