I and my husband, we both are big on dark chocolate and we can eat most of the things happily if it contains chocolate. Made this super delicious granola for snacking, adding to our smoothie bowls or breakfast bowls or on desserts. It adds a nice crunch to everything it becomes a part of. Make it a part of parfaits by layering with this granola or crush it along with some nut butter and dates for making quick energy balls. I will link the dessert recipes below where this can be used as suggested.
Also, this is refined sugar free, gluten free and vegan. I usually make a batch while I am travelling and store it in zip locks in my handbag for easy access. Serves me perfectly for my small hunger pangs. This is also a kid friendly recipe and comes handy while on the road with them or for fussy eaters.
You may also use the granola in the below linked recipes –
Dark Chocolate Granola
- 1.5 Cups Rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Almonds Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mixed seeds Flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 3 Tbsp Neutral vegetable oil
- 5 Tbsp Maple syrup Or honey
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla optional
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients except chocolates.
- Mix in all the wet ingredients. Mix it really well until the dry ingredients look moistened. This step is really important or else the granola would burn while baking.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the granola mix in thin/single layer (this is necessary for the crunchy result).
- Bake this in a pre heated oven at 180 C for 25 mins until it turns golden brown. Ensure to stir the mix every 12 mins for even baking.
- Once done (it might appear soft when warm but turns crisp as it cools), take it out of the oven, and mix in the chocolate chips. It will melt a bit and form small clusters.
- Let it cool completely for the wonderful crunch.Enjoy!!!