Vegan Balsamic & Basil Mushrooms With Soba Noodles
Cooking with mushrooms is my latest love. They are so versatile with both Indian and global cuisines. This recipe is made with staple pantry ingredients and is super quick and an easy one to follow.
The perfectly caramelised mushrooms are tossed in savoury salty and sweet balsamic sauce with tons of umami undertones. The one process I follow to perfect the cook on mushrooms is not stirring them while they cook. It’s good to flip them each carefully once it is cooked on one side. Also mushrooms tend to not get caramelised if put in a crowded pan. They love their space too 🙈. Tipping in a few fresh basil leaves or thyme works as a perfect aromat for this dish.
The sauce is everything in this recipe. Made with balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic chilli sauce and extra virgin olive oil and just a simple sprinkle of salt and black pepper. I simply love this flavour combination.
You may also like –
Vegan Balsamic & Basil Mushrooms with Soba Noodles
- 2 Portions Soba noodles use regular noodles if soba is not available
- 200 Gms Button mushrooms Thick slices
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 4-5 Leaves Basil
- 4 Tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- 2 Tsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic red chilli sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sweet paprika or red chilli flakes
- Basil leaves
- Boil and drain soba noodles. Reserve the boiled water.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté sesame seeds and garlic until it begins to change colour. Add mushrooms and let it cook for 2-3 mins. Do not stir.
- Now turn them carefully and let them cook from the other side for another 2-3 mins or until it turns golden brown. Do not stir.
- In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredients.
- Stir the sauce in the mushrooms and add torn basil leaves. Mix in 2 tbsp reserved noodles water and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish and serve with noodles.Enjoy!!!