Broccoli & Mushroom Stir Fry.
This is a terrific combination of my favourite veggies. Sundays are for lazing around. Although a lot of people love to cook elaborate on Sundays, I somehow cannot spend too much time in the kitchen on Sunday. I am always on a lookout for delicious and quick snack/meals.
This yummy stir fry is great on it’s own as a snack or a perfect accompaniment to the main dish. It tastes wonderful without any additional sauce but I usually like to make Balsamic vinaigrette for my share. The husband loves it as is.
To make this, clean and chop broccoli and button mushrooms into bite sizes. Then in a pan, heat cold pressed sesame oil, add garlic and red chilli flakes, and then the broccoli and mushrooms. Stir fry on medium high for a few minutes. Add aromatics of choice, I use thyme. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top it up with some toasted sesame seeds and roasted peanuts and enjoy! The detailed recipe with measurements and for balsamic vinaigrette is in the recipe card below.
You may also like –
Broccoli & Mushroom Stir Fry
- 200 Gms Broccoli
- 200 Gms Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil preferably cold pressed
- 1.5 Tsp Red chilli flakes
- 5-6 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper To taste
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme Fresh
- Sesame seeds Toasted
- Peanuts Roasted
Balsamic Vinaigrette (optional)
- 1.5 Tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Maple syrup
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat sesame oil in a flat edged pan. Add red chilli flakes and garlic. Sauté for a minute.
- Add in the broccoli and mushrooms and shake the pan to mix. Do not stir. Let it cook on medium high flame for 10 mins. Keep shaking the pan at intervals.
- Add in the thyme and let it all get charred for another 3-4 mins. Add salt and pepper (add this only if not using the balsamic vinaigrette).
- Garnish with sesame seeds and roasted peanuts (highly recommended)
- Serve with the balsamic vinaigrette (optional).Enjoy!!!
How to make Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Mix all the ingredients together in a jar. Put on the lid and shake vigorously until it’s combined.