Garlic Lemon & Herbs Roasted Potatoes.
Potatoes are one of my favourite vegetables. Whether as a stir fry to pair well with Indian food or baked potatoes as a side or snack or even a soup, I love it in it’s every form.
Ever since Mehul (my husband) has started working from home during this pandemic, he sometimes gets this hunger pangs towards evening. I usually try to make roasted vegetables or potatoes or a quick stir fry to satiate our small hunger pangs. While these take a little while to get roasted, it certainly doesn’t require much efforts. Put this in the oven to roast, while you sit back with a cup of chai and relax. Go back in the last ten mins in the kitchen to make a quick garlic and lemon sauce to toss the roasted potatoes in. Serve immediately so the crunch is maintained.
To make this, I have used rosemary, thyme and cilantro as the choice of herbs. However, swap any as per the choice and availability. However, use of garlic, lemon and chillies is non-negotiable 😀.
You may also like –
Garlic Lemon & Herbs Roasted Potatoes
- 200 Gms Baby potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Rosemary fresh or dried (I used dried)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1.5 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1.5 Tbsp Cilantro Chopped finely
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 2 Tsp Green chillies Minced
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp Thyme Fresh or dried (I used fresh)
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Wash and clean the baby potatoes thoroughly. Yeah, we would roast them skin on.
- Slice the potatoes in half and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 175 C fan assisted. While the oven pre-heats, toss the potatoes in 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt and rosemary.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and brush the remaining 1/2 tbsp oil on it in a thin film.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer with the skin side facing upwards.Roast them in the preheated oven at 175 C for approx 40-45 mins.
- In the last 10 mins, in a pan, heat butter on the stove top. Add garlic and green chillies and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and begins to change colour, takes approx 4-5 mins.
- Add the chopped cilantro and thyme and cook it for 2 mins on low flame. Add salt and black pepper (remember salt is there in potatoes too, so add accordingly). Add water, mix everything well and cook for another minute. It would come together as semi dry sauce like consistency. Don’t add too much water as the potatoes will get soggy when tossed in it.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Take the potatoes out of oven and immediately toss in the sauce. Garnish and serve immediately.Enjoy!!!